Need An iPhone Battery Replacement in Ipswich?
If you think you may need an iPhone battery replacement in Ipswich, then head down to ArmaFone at ASDA Superstore, Goddard Road and get yours tested for free.
As a generalization, an iPhone battery can begin to fail at or around 500 charging cycles. A charging cycle is defined as ‘a full or part charge.’
This figure of 500 is arbitrary and when a battery actually starts to fail depends on usage profiles, ambient temperature and many other influences.
The easiest way to find out if you suspect your battery is past its prime is to bring it in to us and we can test it for you.
iPhone Battery Failure Causes
Just the other day a customer came to us with an iPhone X. Their screen was physically coming away from the rest of the phone! The cause? A swelling battery!
You may have heard of a few cases where iPhones (yes iPhone, not Samsung!) have exploded, gone up in smoke or begun to split and if we’re honest, it sounds pretty terrifying!
So, we thought we’d set the story straight because you might want to know why this is happening to our beloved iPhones and how to prevent it.
Three of the main reasons for an expanding iPhone battery are:
1. Overcharging the iPhone
2. Applying too much pressure to the iPhone
3. Allowing the iPhone to overheat
iPhone Battery Precautions
This scenario occurs pretty rarely so we wouldn’t panic too much. However, if you want to take precautions to avoid being one of the unlucky few, there are a few things you can do. These things are helpful for making your battery work at its best for as long as possible too:
1. Avoid using cheap, unofficial charger alternatives. Apple tries to prevent cheap charging alternatives from working with their devices and it’s not all bad. It is better to use official chargers with your iPhone, if you can.
2. Apple advises that charging your iPhone while it is in a case may cause excess heat. So, if you notice your phone getting a bit warm when you charge it, be sure to take it out of the case.
3. Store your phone in a cool, dry place where possible. In high temperatures there’s a greater chance of overheating and battery damage. Leaving your iPhone out in the blazing sun is not a good plan as your could super-heat your iPhone and therefore the battery very quickly.
4. If you store your device unused for a long time, it is best to store it with around 50% charge. Without any charge it may become incapable of holding charge but being fully charged can lose some battery capacity hence shortening your phone’s battery life.
That’s it for today – just a short post prompted by one of our customer’s experience.
iPhone Battery Replacement in Ipswich – Our Advice
Our advice, should you see your screen starting to ‘peel’ or ‘lift,’ is to get it looked at straight away. This ‘lifting’ could be caused by an expanding (failing) battery and, once that failure has started, the battery itself becomes unstable.
If you have an iPhone X, 11 or 12 and are experiencing random shutdowns, it may not be your battery; it could be your iOS. Take a look at this post for more information on an example of what to do.
Prices change over time, so make sure to watch this space if you do need an iPhone battery replacement in Ipswich – the repair will take under an hour and comes with the usual ArmaFone 12 month warranty, guaranteed. And don’t forget that we have free parking within the ASDA car park!
If you have any questions about looking after your battery, need a battery replacement or would like to purchase a genuine Apple charger for your iPhone, you can find us in-store at ASDA, Goddard Road, Ipswich, call us on 01473 400005 or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will also come to you and replace your iPhone battery in one of our fully equipped mobile workshops – at no extra charge too! We’ll be happy to advise and assist however you contact us.